Monday, March 14, 2011

Random Ramblings for a Monday

Happy Monday friends! I am struggling to even put together sentences today, so don't expect this post to be too insightful :). Instead, I will throw out random thoughts, because that's really all my brain is capable of doing today.


1.) I have discovered the secret to quickly shedding any remaining "post baby" pounds. And the secret is... get a stomach bug. Hooray! Wade and I were both hit HARD last week with the 24 hour virus from hell. And I do mean hell. The last time I spent that much time in the bathroom, I was in junior high trying to figure out how to do my hair. Horrible! Thank You Jesus Wyatt was totally covered in prayer and didn't get it. You better believe I took a Clorox wipe to every door knob and light switch in this house!

2.) Daylight Savings Time: not my friend today.

3.) We took family pictures this weekend and it went perfectly. I was in a fabulous mood, my son gave out huge smiles for every single picture, my husband and I communicated like champs, and my hair looked amazing.

4.) The second sentence in #3 was totally false. See #2 for an explanation.

5.) I feel bad for #3 now. Our photographer was super sweet, I am very very grateful that she even could fit us in her schedule. My son is a baby; you would think I would know by now to lower my expectations to zero since we're still figuring out this whole "parenting" thing. Wade has more patience with me than I deserve, and he looked great in his new blue polo that was purchased at Old Navy for so cheap I wanted to leave the price tag on. And I should know by now that if I'm spending over 30 minutes curling my hair, of course it's going to be windy and cause the gallon of hairspray I put on to actually glue the hair together in clumps of tangled mess. Of course.

6.) Wade's mom and grandma are in town for part of spring break, so Wyatt got to meet his great-grandma for the first time. So sweet! He already loves them and has been giving out lots of smiles and laughs.

7.) I think that about does it for today. I'll post pics of this weekend and the family pics once they are ready; for now, I'll leave you with one of my favs. Also taken after I spent too much time on my hair and of-course-it-was-windy-outside. Happy Monday!

2 comments: