Saturday, March 5, 2011

Thank God He's A Country Boy...

I'm on my second load of laundry, the baby is napping, I just purchased a Justin Timberlake song and a Norah Jones song from itunes for 69 cents each, and I'm on my 2nd cup of coffee. Happy Saturday morning!

I'm having a bit of a writers block this morning (it's probably the caffeine taking over my brain synapses) (yes, I just used "synapses" on a Saturday morning...I think that deserves another cup!).
I just bought a John Denver song-- I'll share at the end of the post, get excited -- it makes me think of Wade every time I hear it, so what a great time to write about him! :)



We have been married for almost 4 years now, this past year has been filled with extreme ups and downs, but looking back I am so grateful God let us walk through that together. We just went through The Love Dare at church (check it out, it will totally change your marriage for the better!), and one of the questions brought up in the study was about how you go through conflict together: do you cling to each other or claw at each other?
As much as I would love to say I cling to him at the first sign of something going wrong, I am quick to claw! Last September, 2 weeks before my due date and 2 months after we bought our new home, our hot water heater decided he hated the blue carpet as much as I did and overflowed, flooding our entire hallway, closets, and most of the bedrooms. Sweet, brave Husband was home by the Grace of God, and tried to stop the flow, somehow using a garden hose to siphon the GUSHING water from the tank to outside our garage. All this in the pouring rain, at 7 in the morning. I was already at work, fat-pregnant-and-hormonal, and when I got the call, I went to tell my supervisor, and just started crying.

I came home to this:










Our makeshift Hotel Slaton, camping out in the Man Room, trying to ignore the gentle airplane roar of the 12 fans taking up our bathrooms and bedrooms. 
Needless to say, I freaked. That night, trying to waddle past the fans to take a shower, I had a monumental breakdown in the middle of our bathroom. Mon-U-Mental. But Husband just waited it out, clawed back a little to get me to snap back to reality, and then gave me a hug. Which of course made me cry even more.


I am in no way saying we are perfect people. Far from it. But we are loved by our powerful, perfect God, who led us through those trials to strengthen us.  The same God who blessed us with a child 11 days later.
The same God who, over 8 years ago, led me 5 hours away from my hometown in the 'burbs of Ft. Worth to the sprawling flatlands of West Texas to meet my Country Boy.
*Thankful :)*

And now, an Ode To Wade, brought to you by John Denver...



Love you Sweets!

No comments:

Post a Comment