Sunday, May 15, 2011

Day 06 - a song that reminds you of somewhere

Whoops, only on day 6 of this song challenge thing!
I had a great weekend: watched my sweet little chunker learn how to hold his bottle and recover from a nasty cough like a champ (praise GOD!), went to my very 1st Tupperware party (hilarious but so hard not to buy every single thing!), enjoyed early morning trips with our little family to HEB and Wal-Mart (you know you're a parent when you've completed all your errands by 10am), and wrapped up the weekend with a fun dinner/fellowship/playdate with great friends.

Can I choose to just keep Sunday night instead of trading it in for a Monday morning?


Day 6 is supposed to be a song that reminds you of somewhere. I tried to look up "Lubbock, TX in My Rearview Mirror", but I couldn't find a good version :). But this song is just as good; I discovered it towards the end of my senior year of high school, as I was getting ready to move to the middle of nowhere and figure out how to do my own laundry. This song came on the other day while I was in the cafeteria at work, and I said to one of my friends, "This reminds me of college." She replied, "What does...the drug smuggling?"
Liz if you're reading this, you are hilarious. 

Day 6: The Road Goes On Forever by Robert Earl Keen


1 comment:

  1. great friends, indeed! yes, you keep sunday instead of monday! =)

    ReplyDelete