Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

My first official Mother's Day was amazing, with just a couple of bumps in the road during the day. Wyatt got sick yesterday with that horrible croup cough I hope he never ever gets again (it scares me every time I hear it), and most of today was spent cuddling him and holding him down while we salined and bulb syringed his nose. He HATES that thing. A week ago, he had a little congestion, and I thought I had tricked him into thinking it was some kind of game. I'd say "Reeeaadddy?!" and he'd hold out his little nose and laugh after I squirted or syringed.
Apparantly that game only lasts a week and really only works when they're snotty but not sick. It took Wade holding down his feet --yes his feet-- and me holding down his arms with my elbows to get all the "junkies" out.
Mother's day present to myself? A nap.

Day 04 - a song that makes you sad
There are two of these, and as I looked them up, they made me too sad to even post them. So I'm just listing them and you can look them up yourself!
1.) Brick by Ben Folds Five: beautiful music, horribly sad lyrics.
2.) Cats In The Cradle by Harry Chapin: A cautionary tale for all you dad's out there! 

Day 05 - a song that reminds you of someone
I don't really remember how this song became such a pivotal part of our college lives, but this song always reminds me of Renee, my college roomie and amazing friend. Sometimes when it comes on the radio, I'll still text her the lyrics :). So now that I'm feeling sentimental, I'll spend a quick second talking about her!
Renee was the first friend I met at Tech on the way to my very first class at Tech. Since that first class was Biology and it was being held in the largest classroom on campus (seats 400 people and I almost peed my pants from anxiety just walking in there), we sat by each other. And later laughed at someone tripping at the bottom of the stairs, thankful it wasn't us. Later still we learned that the student was deaf and that I was a horrible, horrible person for laughing.
This is a picture she lovingly made and sent me when we used to IM each other in our apartment.

 Obviously, a friendship made to stand the test of time. 
So here's the song that got us through college and that we "sang" during my wedding reception. Love you Fruits!
Feel free to sing along, I know I will :). 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment